Following the passing of both my parents and having bought out my siblings interest I am now the owner of a small residential estate in Co. Meath – about 10 mins from Navan and c. 35 mins from Dublin (new M3 motorway about 2.0Km distance). Consisting of a c. 1940′s 4-bed bungalow, range of sheds/outhouses and c. 12 acres of excellent lands the lands are presently ‘in-conversion’ to organic (for horticulture growing) and will obtain IOFGA Organic certification for this 2013 vegetables/crops.
Many changes/improvements were made to the estate over the years. Originally with 3 bedrooms my parents added a 4th bedroom, a sitting room, bathroom/utility room, central heating, living room stove, double glazing, new front/back doors, dry lining, attic insulation, disability ramp/access etc. Many of the sheds were also improved – new external doors etc. For the last c. 10 years the lands have been annually let to a local farmer for meadow and dry stock grazing. While requiring a small amount of refurbishing/decorating the house is ready to live in. The ESB is connected – land line telephone infrastructure in place but disconnected.
The estate is located as follows:
* c. 0.5km from local convenience store / filling station.
* c. 0.5km from local parish GAA/Community sports complex.
* c. 2.0km from nearest N.S. and R.C. church.
* c. 8.0km from Navan – pop. c. 28K
* c. 6.0km from Kells – pop. c. 6.0K
* c. 10.0km from Athboy – pop. c. 2.5K
* c. 10.0km from Trim – pop. c. 10.0K
* c. 30km from Slane – pop. 2.5km
* c. 35km from Ashbourne – pop. 15.0k
* c. 40km from Drogheda – pop. c. 40.0K
* c. 50km from Dublin – pop. c. 1.3m
Markets are held in all the above towns at least weekly.
Accordingly, because of its strategic location, convenience and nearness to such a huge potential market this property represents an excellent opportunity for the right person or couple for a new residential organic farming enterprise – with opportunity to be ‘in production / cashflow later this year.
For clarification and/or serious enquiries please contact owner directly: Tomás O’Cadhain – 087.1303166 / email@example.com